But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. -Galatians 6:14

Saturday, May 7, 2011

This was too long to make a facebook status so I decided to blog it.

At the center of everything we say and do should be the Cross of CHRIST! More often than not I look back on the things I said and did throughout the day and don't see it. Thankfully my Heavenly Father is forgiving of my sins and shortcomings as a human. Too often we don't have the cross at the forefront of our minds because we do not saturate ourselves in the Word nearly enough. I know personally I'm not in the Word nearly as much as I should be, and when I look back on a day or maybe even a week I feel like I let God down. Reading the Word is something that every Christian should do on a regular basis. The Word of God is our daily BREAD!!! And I do NOT want to starve! Also though, some people get a sense of pride in the fact that they are in the Word. To this I will quote Galatians 6:14 "But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." We as christians won't get to Heaven and say to God ,"I read your Word all the time. Let me in." No. Our only hope is in the fact that Christ died on the Cross and through that he bore the punishment four our sins. We are bought by his blood, and that is our only hope...THAT...is our only boast.

No comments:

Post a Comment